The Xbox One controller is the newest one from Microsoft. The biggest change from the older Xbox 360 controller is the addition of two new shoulder buttons called the “bumpers.” The Xbox One also sports a new directional pad that looks similar to the one found on the Xbox 360 controller, but with a more angular design. The left and right analog sticks have also been updated with a more ergonomic design. Overall, the Xbox One controller is a small evolution from the previous generation of controllers.
One feature that has been carried over from the Xbox 360 controller is its compatibility with older Xbox 360 consoles. In this article, we’ll show you how to use your Xbox One controller on your Xbox 360 console.
What You Need
In order to connect your Xbox One controller to your Xbox 360 console, you will need the following:
- An Xbox One controller
- An Xbox 360 console
- A wired controller adapter for Xbox 360 (You can find this online or in some gaming stores)
Once you have all of the necessary hardware, follow these steps to get started:
- Turn on your Xbox 360 console.
- Connect the controller adapter to the top of your Xbox One controller.
- Plug the other end of the controller adapter into one of the USB ports on the front of your Xbox 360 console.
- Press the connect button on top of your Xbox One controller—this is located between the batteries. The connect button on your controller looks like a XBOX logo.
- After a few seconds, you should see that your controller has connected to your console, and you’re ready to play!
how to use a xbox one controller on xbox 360
If you have an Xbox One controller lying around and are wondering how to connect it to your Xbox 360, you’re in luck. Though the Xbox One controller is not natively compatible with the Xbox 360, there are several ways you can connect it to the console wirelessly or via wired means.
To connect your Xbox One controller wirelessly to your Xbox 360 console, you will need an Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapter. This adapter is available for purchase through the Microsoft Store and other retailers.
Once you have the adapter, connect it to your Xbox 360 console according to the instructions that come with the adapter. Once the adapter is connected, press and hold the connect button on top of the adapter for three seconds. This will cause the adapter to start searching for a connection.
Next, take your Xbox One controller and press and hold down the pairing button on top of it until the controller’s guide button begins flashing. Doing so puts the controller into pairing mode. After a few moments, you should see that both devices have connected and are ready to use.
If you don’t have or don’t want to use a wireless adapter, you can also connect your Xbox One controller to your Xbox 360 console via a wired connection. To do this, simply take a micro USB cable and plug one end into your controller and the other end into one of the USB ports on your console. Once plugged in, your controller will be recognized by your console and will be ready to use.
In order to play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One, you’ll need to purchase and download the game (or have a disc if you’re playing with an optional Xbox One media remote), make sure your controller is properly connected and then launch the game from the Xbox One’s ‘My Games and Apps’ section.
There are two ways to connect your Xbox One controller to your Xbox 360 console:
- Using a USB cable – simply connect the cable from your controller directly into one of the USB ports on the front or back of your console.
- Using Bluetooth – first put your controller into pairing mode by pressing and holding the sync button (top of the controller) until the Xbox button ཽ starts flashing, then go to ‘Settings > Devices & accessories > Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else’ on your console, and select ‘Xbox Wireless Controller’.
There you have it! You should now be able to use your Xbox One controller on your Xbox 360 console. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll do our best to help you out.